If the door seal on your fridge or freezer is poorly fitting, aged or damaged, your refrigeration appliance cannot operate at its best level of efficiency.
There are a number of symptoms which indicate that your fridge or freezer door seal may require replacement. The most common are:
- – Door not closing properly
- – Moisture below the fridge door
- – High electricity bills
- – Fridge motor running for long periods of time
- – Excessive icing in freezer compartment
- – Cracks in door seal or incomplete seal
Even if there are no obvious problems with your refrigeration service it pays to check your seals at regular intervals to ensure that the door is sealing correctly so that your chilled and frozen items are protected.
A leaky seal can waste a lot of electricity, so prompt replacement of a faulty one can save you money.