FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. Why are Fridge seals Important?
Mouldy, hardened or cracked fridge seals can cause many problems in commercial and household fridges and freezers.
- Spoiled Food
- Excessive Stress on Motor due to cold air leaking out
- Excessive Ice Buildup
- Increased running costs. If your fridge or freezer has to work harder to stay cold, your electricity bill will increase. Commercial businesses have experienced considerable savings in their electricity bills after their fridge seals were replaced.
How can I check my fridge and freezer seals?
- Open the door or lid and look for cracks, mould and tears on all parts of the seal.
- Inspect the hard to see places such as the bottom of the door as damage to seals frequently occurs here and is often unnoticed.
- Close the door and check the top and bottom of the door to ensure that the seal touches the fridge. Repeat this process on the left and right sides of your fridge door.
- If you find any problems with the seals, contact Tassie Fridge Seals for an obligation free quote. Replacing the seal can lead to a new lease on life for your fridge or freezer, and much cheaper than replacing your fridge or freezer. Seals can be made for all types of fridges and freezers and represent great value for money.
Q. How are the seals made?
A. There are many different types of seals. We will measure the exact size required, and make a new seal from the correct material to suit your fridge or freezer.
Q. How long will it take for my seal to be fitted after I order?
A. We normally complete jobs anywhere in Tasmania within 10 days.
If you are in Hobart, Launceston or Burnie, we can usually complete your job quicker. We will be able to provide you with a more accurate timeframe when you contact us.
We generally can complete your job quicker when the weather is colder.
Q. Does Tassie Fridge Seals provide seals for freezers?
A. Yes, we can make seals for all brands, sizes, or models of domestic and commercial fridges and freezers.
Q. Who are the customers of Tassie Fridge Seals?
A. We can provide seals for all private and commercial customers.
Our clients include:
- Federal Hotels – Wrest Point and Country Club
- 9/11 Bottle shops
- Dominos Pizza
- Calvary / St. Johns Hospital
- Launceston General Hospital
- Royal Hobart Hospital
- Northwest Regional Hospital
- Mersey Hospital
- Goodstone Group:- Formby, Alexander, Argosy, Seabrook, Somerset, Bridge, Lighthouse, River Arms
- Kalis Group :- Beltana, Cooleys, Mornington, Beach Front, Kingsmeadows, Margate, Black Buffalo
- Southern Cross Care – Statewide
- St. Ann’s – Statewide
- We also supply many refrigeration companies throughout Tasmania.